Every year, Student’s Science Seminar is organized in Tripura jointly by Tripura State Council for Science & Technology and State Council for Educational Research & Training (SCERT). The seminar is organized on a specific theme selected by National Council for Science Museum (NCSM). School students of class VIII to X can participate in the seminar. The winner at the state level, get chance to participate in the National Level Students’ Science Seminar.
Instruction for Participants
- School Students Studying from Class VIII to Class X may participate in the Seminar.
- English, Bengali, Hindi or any recognized Indian language
- The participant shall make his/her presentation on the given topic for a maximum duration of 6 minutes. This will be followed by a 2 minutes Question & Answer session with the judges on the same topic. Each participant will be asked 3 questions by the judges and the participant should answer any 2 of them within 2 minutes. There will be a written aptitude test for all the participants before the Seminar Starts.
- Grading will be done by the Judges (3 in numbers) to be selected by the concerned organizing committee.
- Allotment of Marks will be as follows:
- Scientific Content in Presentation- 40 marks
- Fluency in Speech- 25 marks
- Ability to answer questions
- Written aptitude test 10 marks
- Oral Questions 10 marks
- Novelty in use of Visuals 15 marks
- Supplementary Visuals: The maximum number of supporting visuals / slides / charts etc. permitted per participant is altogether 5 (five only). The details of these are as given below:
- Charts / Posters - maximum size permitted is 850 mm (width) x 600 mm (height). All charts / posters are to be mounted one on top of other, as done in a calendar. One side of the chart / poster is considered as one unit. There should be no pop-ups OR
- Slides should be of 35 mm format mounted in plastic frame preferably OR
- The size of the over-head projector slides should not be more than A4 size, which could be viewed fully when projected OR
- Computer based slides Static (Office 2007 .ppsx& .pptx format) without additional features like animation, pop-ups, rollovers, etc. No interaction within one slide is permitted.